Refer Friend & Earn MIN $10 Each



When Does a Non-US Person Need an ITIN?

The question “when does a non-US person need to get an ITIN” is often asked by our clients. Let us explain what an ITIN exactly means:

An ITIN is an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. ITIN is different from an Employer Identification Number which is abbreviated as EIN which is used for companies’ tax purposes (such as Limited Liability Company, LLC or Corporations). An ITIN is for individuals, it is essentially an equivalent of a Social Security Number (SSN). The citizens and the residents of the United States of America get an SSN which gives them the entitlement to work.

An ITIN is for people to that might need a U.S. taxpayer id number, for instance; if:

  • You need to file a tax return,
  • You are a spouse or a dependent child, who is not a U.S. citizen or resident, of a U.S. taxpayer,
  • You have any sort of U.S. trade or business or effectively connected income in the USA, for example; you own a rental property which you are renting out.
  • You own a business, or you are processing credit cards,
  • You have any sort of tax filing obligation in the USA.

The process for getting an ITIN is not the easiest, in fact, it has gotten a little harder over the years because of some fraud that has happened with people getting ITINs.

 For Expert Guidence Please Call to Our Office:

WhatsApp WhatsApp us
Copyright © 2023 Online Tax Filer. All rights reserved. Terms & Conditions